Monday, May 9, 2011

Grandma Gifts

Boyfriend and me (I'm hiding a Mint Julep behind his back)
My grandma was pretty chairbound tor the last 15 or so years of her life, but she always wanted to buy us presents regardless, so every time I went down to see her she would hand me a stack of catalogues she'd gotten in the mail and tell me to pick something out.  I hated this task because it always made me feel greedy or something, so I never wanted to pick anything too expensive but at the same time, hey, it was a chance for some new digs.  She ordered me this white shirt from Eddie Bauer before she moved to the nursing home, so maybe 2006 or 2007.  I don't wear it often, because I'm terrified of keeping white things white, but when I do I think about her and her generosity and how much she loved her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment