Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I swear I'm getting work done (promise!)

Don't Do It For the Kids: Of Hymnal Revision and Young Adults 
"The group that was most resistant to the idea of revising the hymnal are those under 29 years of age. They are the most resistant by a large percentage. The report concludes..., 'Respondents in their twenties and younger are statistically different than the rest of the respondents, reporting the least interest in desiring worship music to reflect their personal musical tastes. This proves counter to the “common knowledge” theory that younger congregants are looking for a more modern or popular-music experience at church.'"

"We sang over and over “They’ll know we are Christians by our love, by our love.” Over and over. We, us, our. We, us, our. We, us, our. Have I mentioned us lately?"

Strength Coach Andrea Hudy - KU's Secret Weapon (is a woman!)

"I tried to go into corporate fitness," Hudy said. "I was basically training people who were getting insurance deductions because they were working out. They'd start sweating and stop. I'd say, 'No, now is the time you've got to push harder.' I thought everyone was like me. I thought everyone wanted to exercise. There are very few people, in the grand scheme of things, that actually enjoy exercise."

Jacob and the Guitar Player {video}
Busker shares the joy of music with an 8 year old blind and autistic boy in my hometown. (There may be tears.)

Mermaid or Whale for this line:

"We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn’t enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies. We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated."

No comments:

Post a Comment