Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This Luddite ain't too proud to admit it

In the last two days I have finally come to realize how awesome blogs are.

In the last two days I have finally come to realize how crazy blogs are.

I don't really know which of these sentiments to pick, and I could insert way more adjectives in the places of awesome and crazy and I still wouldn't be able to describe this world of blogging I have discovered.  I know, I know, I'm really late on the uptake.  I think the NYT had some story about Twitter being 5 years old this month and I absolutely do not believe it. I've been on it for 2 weeks and just the other day figured out what all the RTs stood for. I have RTed one post so far. (I'm kadelamore).  How long does this mean the iPhones have been around?  Things are moving fast.

Anywya, my wonderment regarding the blogosphere happened today when I discovered the "next blog" link at the top banner of all blogspot blogs.  I thought it would take me to the next blog on my "these are the blogs I'm following" list but NO! It took me to a completely random blog.  I clicked through too many to remember the exact titles, but here were some I happenstanced upon:

-Thoughts of a Black Mormom Girl

-Day to day writings of a mom who homeschools her kids and is worried because her daughter is into "thinking on her own" and "vera bradley"

-Mom of 8, going on 9 (that's 8 kids with one on the way, not an 8 year old)

-A conservative decadant American living in China (it seems he has a lot of ladyfriends, an ugly face, and a love for Glenn Beck.  Go figure.)

-A girl whose husband lives a few hours away for work.  She has a great list of ways to make long-distance relationships work and ways to have fun with them.

- A girl whose last entry from exactly a year ago was about Pete Yorn following her on twitter, and then stopping following all fans, and then picking her back up again.  It was a cute story.

All in all, I could "next blog" all day long and not get tired of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment