Monday, February 6, 2012

Things to say to sound like you know someting about football

I was trying to keep track of easy football one-liners last night for those times you're stuck in a sports-heavy crowd and your boyfriend won't let you go somewhere else to watch Downton Abbey.

1.  "Those time-outs are going to be really critical."(Relevant if late in the 4th quarter and game is close)

2. Something about "they're in field goal territory now"

3. "All they've got to do now is run down the clock"

4. "Remember the helmet catch?"

Fuzzy camera photo of me and the spread.

Things NOT to say:

1.  "I really liked that Betty White commercial."

2. "Ow! That looked like it hurt!"

3. "Are they going to kick it in?"

4. "Why can't they challenge it? What's the two minute warning mean?"

5. "Tom Brady is so hot. I want him to win."

1 comment:

  1. I make no secret of the fact that I watch just for the food and commercials! :)

    ReplyDelete