Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I love list

I'm so in love with this list of 100 things to do instead of procrastinating on the internet. I'll be the first to admit I'm really bad about getting off of the computer, whether or not I'm doing anything worthwhile on it.

Amazon's best books of the year so far.

Here's what I've read so far this year (well, since I got my Kindle at Christmas):
Hunger Games trilogy
first 5 books of A Song of Ice and Fire series (aka Game of Thrones)
Mill River Recluse (meh)
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (sob)
Let's Pretend This Never Happened (The Bloggess' (Jenny Lawson's) book) (ohmygod so funny)
A Thief of Time
Outlander (um, who needs Shades of Grey when you've got Jamie Fraser?)
Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
Envy The Night (Michael Koryta is by far one of my favorite authors)
Winter Garden (have you read many books on the seige of Leningrad? Me neither.)
House At Riverton (Downton Abbey, but not. Still looking for a good book from this time.)
Currently reading: Fevre Dream, by the guy who wrote Game of Thrones. Highly recommended, especially if you like steamboats, books about pre-Civil War South, and vampires.

Me: ew, stay away from my neck, I'm reading a book about vampires right now and...
David: Oh really? A book about vampires? Of course you are.

Basically, I'm one cat away from being that crazy cat lady who reads a lot. Actually, I think one cat might be enough for that designation.
Keep your legs together, Walter. That's just indecent.

3 comments:

  1. I love that list, too! So many great suggestions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you know I needed Kindle suggestions?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so is it stalkery of me to come over here based on your comment from another blog?? it may be, but it cracked me up (cup of joe) and i haaad to come tell you. i like your book list, although i've only read winter garden. i just finished and super loved the age of miracles and the night circus.

    stop by, say hi, if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete