Friday, June 8, 2012

love light

One of my oldest friends got married this last weekend, and at the end of the rehearsal dinner on Friday everyone walked to the bridge to release these beautiful lanterns over the river.  The weather was just perfect and the wind was ideal, and all of the lanterns lit easily and once they were full of hot air, they floated peacefully up up up up and away until they blended in with the stars and turned into their own constellation.




The rest of the weekend was so wonderful and the rest of the wedding was amazing - amazing enough that I couldn't take any pictures because I was having way too much fun. David played piano for the ceremony (Boyz II Men, K-Ci & JoJo, Joe Cocker, Prince ---- of course) and I had to direct traffic last minute (people, not cars) and we danced and played and loved all night long. I love seeing all my friends happy.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the most beautiful evening, and a wonderful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, I'd love to get in touch regarding any Turkey recommendations you might have! We're going to Istanbul, Cappadocia, and Izmir (Ephesus). We have a hotel for part of Istanbul, but we're not sure if we want to do tours for anything. If you could get in contact with me through my blog (email listed there), that would be so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow that sounds so perfect, it must have been a lovely sight

    ReplyDelete